Current FTBFS packages (was Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 21)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jun 11 00:00:13 UTC 2014

Matthew Garrett wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 07:11:53PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
>>
>> If the Fedora/ARM community don't care about feature parity with x86,
>> then we should just drop them back to secondary status.

+1, and:

> That was overly critical of me and did nothing to actually further the
> discussion. I apologise.

No need to apologize! It's just the truth: ARM is not ready to be a primary
architecture, and might not even be for years to come. (Just look at build
times, which are still 2+ times slower than x86, entirely unacceptable! All
my builds are always blocking on ARM slowness now.) It should never have
been made primary in the first place, and this ought to be fixed ASAP.

        Kevin Kofler