Looking for co-maintainers

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Fri Jun 27 10:52:37 UTC 2014

On 06/27/2014 09:45 AM, Simone Caronni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for co-maintainers for the Guacamole [1] stack packages. It is
> an HTML 5 plugin-less remote desktop for VNC, RDP, SSH, Telnet and Spice
> (WIP). Upstream is really responsive, software is updated frequently and
> it's really amazing.
>
> I've been able to throw a bunch of Citrix XenApp servers, Terminal servers
> and all the corollary tools away with it.
>
> The software is split in the native server (guacamole-server) with relevant
> plugins and a Java web application (guacamole-client) for the main
> interface.
>
> The software is fantastic, but the Java part gives me a lof of headaches
> everytime there is a Java packaging guidelines change or a Maven bug. If
> any Java guru would like to step in as co-maintainer of Guacamole it's
> really welcome.

I already have too many packages, so I can't take any more.  If you have
any problems with Maven or feel free to ask on mailing list on or IRC.

> Currently guacamole-client is in FTBFS in rawhide [2] and I couldn't find
> any help for fixing it due to a Maven bug [3], that requires a specific
> Fedora workaround that I frankly don't understand [4]. On RHEL 7, and
> Fedora 19/20 the same packages build fine.

I told you what to do on the mailing list. I've just tried the
workaround and it worked.

It's my mistake that I didn't reply to your second email, I probably
missed it or forgot.  In this case please just ping me, I'm always happy
to help!

The fix for the FTBFS was commited and it should be fixed soon.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat