Configurable version of suexec in Debian but not Fedora?!

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Mar 15 08:48:21 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 05:16:27PM -0500, Conan Kudo (ニール・ゴンパ) wrote:

> I'm honestly surprised that Fedora doesn't offer this little piece of
> flexibility. I would think that this would be in Fedora and RHEL, because
> of how useful this would be. So what's going on here?

Actually a Debian developer created a patch to make suexec configurable
but since it was not sent upstream, it is not easily available
everywhere else. Not sure why, but the patch is not even visible in
Debian's patch tracking system:
http://patch-tracker.debian.org/package/apache2/2.4.7-1

So next step would be to ask the apache maintainer in Fedora whether the
patch would be accepted in Fedora and if not, a separate package needs
to be created.

Regards
Till