AppStream Logs and False Positives

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:33:46 UTC 2014

Quite a few people have asked me how the AppStream distro metadata is
actually generated for their package. Since F20 we're also doing
things like supply missing AppData files for some key apps, and
replacing some upstream screenshots on others. In order to make this
more transparent, I'm going to be uploading the logs of each
generation run to https://github.com/hughsie/createrepo_as_logs -- If
you've got a few minutes I'd appreciate you finding your application
there and checking for any warnings or errors, and perhaps forwarding
any findings to upstream. Although over 10% of applications in rawhide
ship AppData, that means a huge chunk don't and also quite a few
upstreams don't even have things like translated desktop files.

Also, if you maintain a GUI application that's in Fedora but not in
that list then please send me email or grab me on IRC. The guidelines
for inclusion are
https://github.com/hughsie/createrepo_as#guidelines-for-applications
-- thanks.

Richard.