Maybe it's time to get rid of tcpwrappers/tcpd?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 19:30:28 UTC 2014

> It's a pity though that nobody in Fedora is actively working on getting
> rid of legacy cruft. I really wished we had some people who oversee
> deprecating things more proactively, figure out how to deprecate things,
> write stub code to provide smooth transitions, write release notes and
> so on.

Those people get tired having to constantly fight things through the
bureaucracy and downstream distribution and it's clone too.

>   Being at the bleeding edge of things also means deciding that
> some things really should go, from time to time... Besides deprecating
> old cruft like libwrap, this would also mean removing all the old crap
> from comps "standard" that we still install by default (894110)...

For the record Fedora is not a bleeding edge distro anymore or first in
anything.

The distribution that is and has been for quite sometime is Arch but I'm
pretty sure you already knew that.

JBG