Maybe it's time to get rid of tcpwrappers/tcpd?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Mar 24 20:17:20 UTC 2014

Am 24.03.2014 20:30, schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:
>> Being at the bleeding edge of things also means deciding that
>> some things really should go, from time to time... Besides deprecating
>> old cruft like libwrap, this would also mean removing all the old crap
>> from comps "standard" that we still install by default (894110)...
>
> For the record Fedora is not a bleeding edge distro anymore or first in anything

maybe some people should consider the difference between "leading" and "bleeding"

smart: leading if things are ready
dumb:  bleeding for any price

if you think people are happily bleeding all the time you need a lot to learn
people accept bleeding for good reasons from time to time but not always with
no real benefit and if you want a distribution where users always bleed go
ahead but don't try to damage the way Fedora goes to become a serious
useable distribution over the time

if users bleed to much they dirft away before they die