leading vs. bleeding [was Re: Maybe it's time to get rid of tcpwrappers/tcpd?]

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Mar 25 14:41:56 UTC 2014

Am 25.03.2014 15:22, schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:
>>> maybe some people should consider the difference between "leading" and "bleeding"
>>> smart: leading if things are ready
>>> dumb:  bleeding for any price
>> I agree with Harald here. I think some people have always wanted it to be,
>> but Fedora never really has been chartered to be "bleeding". To quote the
>> "first" foundation more fully:
>>
>>    First represents our commitment to innovation. We are not content to let
>>    others do all the heavy lifting on our behalf; we provide the latest in
>>    stable and robust, useful, and powerful free software in our Fedora
>>    distribution.
>>
>> Note "latest in stable and robust", not "latest bleeding edge". There is
>> supposed to be a balance here.
>
> Leading and bleeding go hand in hand being "first"

no, the is a sharp line to draw

> In this particular case we already are years behind Arch and soon to be behind
> OpenSuse and others aswell

as long as you do not make any points this is FUD

> So if this is the case when people want to modernize and cleanup the distribution then
> perhaps it's time for the board revisit and redefine the foundation for firs so
> contributors can avoid Fedora and move to more acceptable distribution of their
> contributions like Arch if they want to be part of distribution that is leading and is "first"

stop your destructive FUD, without users developers and contributors are *meaningless*
and with throwing alpha-state software to the users and make them bleed all the
time you will end in no users at all

if you don't understand that, don't care for users and don't like Fedora
as you statet often enough because you hate Redhat, well, you know what
you have to do