Heads up: Mesa/LLVM rebase and OpenGTL retirement in F20

Bill Nottingham notting at splat.cc
Fri Mar 28 15:38:41 UTC 2014

Adam Jackson (ajax at redhat.com) said:
> On Fri, 2014-03-28 at 07:39 -0400, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > And yep, it should go to FESCo - this has much more bigger scope than 10.0.3
> > due to LLVM update. You know I'm more than ok with updates to Fn-1 but this
> > one should be coordinated very well.
>
> Can you (or anyone else) elaborate on the issues you're concerned with
> here?  If I'm going to have to play Simon Says about this I'd like some
> opportunity to address (or at least investigate) concerns ahead of time.

1) the removal of OpenGTL mid-stream breaking user or other apps
(and we can't truly remove it anyway - it stays in the F20 release repo)

This may be solvable by use of the patch mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

2) as the policy is to not update ABI on libraries, it requires an
exception. Concerns would be about the number of apps affected, coordinating
the release of all dependent apps, how likely user/other apps might be
broken by this ABI update.

Bill