Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part II, "What's Happening?")

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 13:00:42 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

> On 03/31/2014 12:38 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > Workstation will require this too.  Having it be in Base is a good idea.
>
> If there emerges a WG that does not require this from WG then what and
> was not base limiting itself to it's already defined package set?

Base is common platform for products but it does not mean everything has
to be used by other products or everything has to follow base path (for
example installer is part of Base as we agreed but it can diverge a lot
over products, and even it would not be used in all products explicitely
just to provide images - cloud). Of course if some technology gets
obsoleted/deprecated by most of products, it means the time to deprecate
it in Base comes (or change of the owner). So common sense, not exact
numbers :).

Jaroslav