Suggested Freeze Policy change for Fedora 22+

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Nov 4 02:26:50 UTC 2014

Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> I talked to several people over the last couple days about what we can
> do to try to avoid the "hero testing" treadmill that we've been on
> during every Freeze in recent memory (specifically that we're usually
> fixing Blocker bugs until the day before the Go/No-Go meeting and that
> means that our QA team is pulling all-night test runs basically every
> week).

Your proposed changes will only cause us to slip more often. Those "hero"
runs have been done for a reason: to prevent a slip that would otherwise
have been inevitable! Your proposed changes effectively ban such "hero"
actions, actively preventing volunteers from helping releasing Fedora on
time. I see no benefit whatsoever coming from those changes.

        Kevin Kofler