Mozilla enabled ads in Firefox and they're active in Fedora

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Sun Nov 16 08:10:36 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-16, 05:31 GMT, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> I don't really understand the issue at all.
> We have a "no-phone-home" and "no-spy" policy in Fedora.

And I believe the same goes for the Mozilla ... did anybody
check their privacy policy?

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/privacy/

Also,
https://blog.mozilla.org/advancingcontent/2014/02/13/more-details-on-directory-tiles/
:

# Will Directory Tiles Profile Users to Target Content?
#
# We will use GeoIP to ensure Tiles content is relevant to the
# user’s location, just as we recognize where a visitor to our
# homepage came from so we can localize the language, but no
# other user information is collected or considered.

# What information will Mozilla provide sponsored content
# partners from the Directory Tiles?

# Mozilla is putting together just the basic metrics that
# marketers or content publishers might need to understand the
# value they are receiving.  As of now, our expectation is that
# we’ll be delivering the number of impressions (how many times
# a tile was shown) and interactions (how many interactions with
# a tile, i.e. clicks).

This doesn’t sound that bad to me.

Matěj