How to handle upgrades to Fedora 21

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 13:37:40 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-10-02 at 15:33 +0200, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> On 09/24/2014 06:16 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> >   * Upgrades from Fedora 20 remain non-productized. They pick up
> > fedora-release-standard and upgrade only their existing packages.
>
> Can you please explain to me, what is the difference between non-productized Fedora and productized Fedora?
>
> Do I understand it correctly that non-productized Fedora have fedora-release-standard package, while productized one
> have fedora-release-{cloud,workstation,server} package? Or is there some other difference?

The presence of those packages makes other things possible (like adding
strict dependencies to the release packages to ensure a minimal platform
is available). Other things that it does is allow us to have yum
dependencies select an appropriate configuration sub-package for certain
projects that have different defaults between Products (the most obvious
example today being the firewalld package; it has a vastly different
default configuration depending on the Product).