Dash as default shell

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 16:02:57 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 05:56:17PM +0200, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
>   Also it will reduce differences between Linux distribution. And take us
> closed to what majority (Ubuntu and Debian) does.

We don't need to follow Ubuntu or Debian in every not-so-smart decision they
make, we haven't followed them with the multiarch ugliness, I hope we don't
follow them in this either.  Security risks aren't primarily about the size
of codebase, but about attention to detail by the maintainers, which doesn't
look something dash excells in.

	Jakub