LLVM 3.5 rebase

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 14:00:54 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
> Yep, this again.  I'm just as thrilled as you are.  3.5 is necessary for
> proper ppc64le support, as well as some minor radeonsi features in Mesa.

And massively improved aarch64 support

> One problem this time around appears to be python-llvmpy, which appears
> to have decided that llvm 3.2/3.3 are the only versions it will support:
>
> https://github.com/llvmpy/llvmpy/commit/1e141931b874dd0bc3d8e9d801b949939430ad4e
>
> We're already shipping it built against 3.4, so that's truly charming.
> I'm open to suggestions here.

It doesn't look, with a basic repoquery test, that anything in the
core distro needs python-llvmpy so my general feeling is to query
upstream to see what their intentions are regarding support of newer
releases and if they don't intend to keep up then just drop
python-llvmpy at least for the time being unless the Fedora maintainer
plans to fix it RSN.

Peter