Looking for xorg-x11-* package co-maintainers

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 11:44:14 UTC 2014

Out of the previous list, the only ones that have not been updated yet are:

-intel-gpu-tools 1.8 (1.7 in rawhide/f21)
-xkeyboard-config 2.13 (2.12 in rawhide/f21)
-xcb-util 0.4.0 (0.3.9 in rawhide/f21)
-libxcb 1.11 (1.10 in f21)
-xrandr 1.4.3 (1.4.2 in f21)
-twm-1.0.8 (1.0.7 in f21)
-imake 1.0.7 (1.0.6 in f21)
-gccmakedep 1.0.3 (1.0.2 in f21)

On 22 October 2014 12:17, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:

> > I'm no hacker, but I can help with packaging.
>
> Great! Note I'm still sorting out getting admin rights on these
> packages myself, so that I can grant others access. If you're a
> proven packager, just use your proven packager rights for now,
> if not just get everything ready, do a commit, followed by:
>
> git format-patch HEAD~
>
> And then send me the resulting patch, and I'll apply it for now.
> If we go this route, please also let me know if I should apply
> this only to rawhide, or also to older releases (see below).

I'm no provenpackager, will send the patches for those later.

>  > Some packages of those need
> > also to be put on par with recent packaging guidelines.
>
> Yes, cleaning up the specfiles would very much be welcome too.

Will send a separate patch for those components above. After that, maybe I
can ask request for commit on the other packages.

> Yes, more or less, mostly just look at the changelog and apply common
> sense,
> also depends on the package a bit, e.g. intel-gpu-tools is part of
> xorg-x11-drv-intel bumping the actual driver needs to be done somewhat
> carefully,
> but bumping the tools is more or less always safe, as they are not that
> important. twm also is probably best just kept fully up2date with upstream
> in F-21. lib... OTOH may cause breakage (they should not but you never
> know),
> etc.

I will not be touching the intel driver :)

All those libraries can be added to Upstream Tracker, I find it very handy.
I've requested some components already in the past and I find the service
very handy:

http://upstream-tracker.org/

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/