Cron jobs output are sent to the network by default

Andrew Lutomirski luto at mit.edu
Wed Oct 29 20:38:26 UTC 2014

On Oct 29, 2014 11:33 AM, "Miloslav Trmač" <mitr at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]
at all, I could be persuaded otherwise; but in that case, it should never
be installed by _anything_ that isn’t an explicit user’s choice (i.e. no
dependencies direct or indirect, no comps group presence, and
ideally/overzealously? an automated test that makes installing ssmtp in a
default product configuration a release blocker).

Given that PackageKit can install things with minimal authentication, this
seems fragile.

Why not change cron's default config instead?

--Andy