Attempting to contact two unresponsive maintainers - dajt and jpacner

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 12:14:06 UTC 2014

On Thu 04 Sep 2014 01:35:53 PM CEST Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 11:38:52AM +0200, Tomasz Torcz wrote:

>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > wouldn't it make sense to integrate a check into the processes, when people
>> > leave Redhat, that the packages in fedora are properly orphaned or get a
>> > new owner?
>>
>>   Why would even someone's employment status matter?  Fedora is a community project.
>
> And much like anyone else, people come and go. The difference is that here, when
> they leave, we know about it before emails start to bounce.

Indeed. I have forwarded this thread to colleagues working on processes
when people are leaving RH to make sure we do necessary
checks/cleanups. Note that we don't want to automatically orphan
packages when people from RH leave (that would be rude) since people
actually do work on stuff outside of their work...

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Business System Analyst, Hosted and Shared Services

PGP: 7B087241