Attempting to contact two unresponsive maintainers - dajt and jpacner

Chris Adams linux at cmadams.net
Thu Sep 4 15:11:58 UTC 2014

Once upon a time, Tomasz Torcz <tomek at pipebreaker.pl> said:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 11:35:43AM +0200, Johannes Lips wrote:
> > wouldn't it make sense to integrate a check into the processes, when people
> > leave Redhat, that the packages in fedora are properly orphaned or get a
> > new owner?
>
>   Why would even someone's employment status matter?  Fedora is a community project.

I would assume that when someone leaves Red Hat, their @redhat.com email
address is deactivated, at which point their FAS account with that
@redhat.com address will no longer work.

Fedora is a community project, but the basic fact is that there is a
significant amount of @redhat.com involvement underlying that community.
Somebody at Red Hat knows when an @redhat.com address goes invalid; it
would make the Fedora processes easier if that information was
communicated when the address is also in FAS.

I don't see a problem with _any_ company with corporate involvement with
Fedora having the same ability to say "this email is no longer valid"
and triggering an immediate "unresponsive maintainer" process.  It is
just that Red Hat is the prime example.
--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>