blivet-gui announcement

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Sep 5 19:27:07 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-09-05 at 20:53 +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:

> system-config-lvm was removed from rhel7 while g-d-u is not able to
> configure lvm. so it _definitely_ a step forward. and really not agree
> with you about the root user usage. you imho those who would like to
> configure disk and lvm should have to be root privileges and should have
> to know what he does. it's again so lennartish when you belive a buggy
> pulse is better then a working alsa if the concept is better. NO simple
> it's not true. a usable working program always better the a perfectly
> design idealism which never really works.

I don' think this is a productive direction to take this discussion in.
This has nothing to do with Lennart, alsa or idealism. Separating the
privileged mechanism from the UI is really not 'design idealism', but
simply with good engineering practice. Pointing this out is not being a
'negative nelly' either, but providing constructive feedback.