[PACKAGING GUIDELINES] missing testrb2 referenced by Test::UNIT in Ruby

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 11:05:22 UTC 2015

Dne 10.8.2015 v 10:58 Yaakov Selkowitz napsal(a):
> On Fri, 2015-08-07 at 23:28 +0300, Ilya Gradina wrote:
>> On the page  with packaging guidelines for Ruby  [1] written about
>> using unit-test.  There written about  using testrb2  which looks
>> like deleted  from fedora 22+  [2].

All started here [1].

>> Because it is packaging guidelines we should fix it as soon as
>> possible.

This always need some volunteer and since you have started, it would be
nice if you can propose draft of the updated guidelines to FPC [2] ;)
And prior you do that, it would be good to send it for a review to Ruby
SIG ML [3], where people interested in Ruby typically discuss such topics.

>>  What I should use now instead of testrb2?
> -testrb2 -Ilib test/
> +ruby -rtest-unit -e 'Test::Unit::AutoRunner.run(true)' -Ilib test

Actually this is overly complex. The same approach as for MiniTest [4]
should work for Test::Unit, e.g.

ruby -e 'Dir.glob "./test/**/test_*.rb", &method(:require)'

Vít

[1]
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ruby-sig/2015-January/001729.html
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/