bodhi 2 now live

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Aug 23 20:23:05 UTC 2015

Mathieu Bridon wrote:
> In the case of Kevin's update, the problem is that markdown lists must
> have an empty new line before them, like so:
>
> A paragraph of text:
>
> * first item
> * second item
>
> Kevin, you used the following, which indeed the Markdown parser turns
> into a single paragraph:
>
> A paragraph of text:
> * first item
> * second item

Thank you for the analysis (and now I know how to work around this
regression), but:

> Bodhi 1 was already doing the same thing with such an input.

No, sorry, but that is not true. I wrote those update notes in the Bodhi 1
web interface, so of course I looked at the resulting formatting. Bodhi 1
interpreted that syntax as a list, not as a single paragraph. This is a
change in Bodhi 2 (and IMHO, for the worse, though if there's some official
Markdown spec that says it should be that way, meh…).

        Kevin Kofler