when DEP-3 compliant patches in Fedora?

Marcin Juszkiewicz mjuszkiewicz at redhat.com
Fri Aug 28 14:12:19 UTC 2015

W dniu 28.08.2015 o 14:40, Kevin Kofler pisze:
> Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
>> In Debian (or in OpenEmbedded) it is solved by implementing DEP-3 [1]
>> which is set of requirements about extra metadata in patches such as:
>>
>> - Description or Subject (required)
>> - Origin (required except if Author is present)
>> - Bug-<Vendor> or Bug (optional)
>> - Forwarded (optional)
>> - Author or From (optional)
>> - Reviewed-by or Acked-by (optional)
>> - Last-Update (optional)
>> - Applied-Upstream (optional)
>
> I am opposed to any such scheme, because it means we could no longer produce
> our patches with diff without hand-editing them.

Ever heard of "quilt"? It even has handling of sane spec files built-in.

My common way of tweaking Fedora patches is this:

cd ~/rpmbuild/fedora-packager/PACKAGENAME/
git up
quilt setup -v *spec
cd SOURCENAME-VERSION
quilt push -a

And then I have upstream source with Fedora patches applied. 'quilt
push/pop' allows me to apply/revert patches, 'quilt refresh' refreshes
patch (amount of context lines etc can be configured, description is
kept, diffstat can be added).

Try it one day?