Filing Bugs for Python 3 Switch

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Feb 3 13:34:48 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 11:46:00 -0500 (EST)
Bohuslav Kabrda <bkabrda at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

Yeah, many folks are traveling this week and next.

I just hope we can get a clear picture of what dnf and anaconda folks
want to do for this cycle as soon as we can.

...snip...
> I created a change and submitted it to change wrangler:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python_3_Migration_Improvements
> I asked Jarda Reznik to process it ASAP, so it should be ready soon.

Great

...snip...

> I'm not saying we shouldn't. AFAIK dnf can be safely switched back
> and forth, so the best way (IMO) would be to switch it ASAP to py3
> and see what it breaks. We can always switch it back before Beta or
> so. I think that enough people will test it before then.

The problem with that is that if we switch it now and run into problems
with the python3 side and switch back, we could well have in the mean
time added python2 issues since we were not using it.

Anyhow, lets see what dnf maintainers, anaconda folks and fesco all
want to do.

kevin