on software updates

Casey Jao casey.jao at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 15:00:57 UTC 2015

I understand where you are coming from and that a fedora user is likely
to see frequent updates of lots of other packages anyway. But on slower
moving distros where systems components rarely get more than security
updates, browsers might be one of the more frequently updated pieces of
software.

Perhaps my experience is atypical (especially since I'm on F21!), but
after last week's Google Chrome-only update notification (which was the
impetus for this report), today I got another Gnome software prompt to
restart just for google-chrome-stable.