Which of the changes introduced in F21 might affect bash history?

Alexander Ploumistos alex.ploumistos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 18:37:04 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 7:41 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you see if either of these are set?
>
> #export HISTCONTROL=ignoredups:erasedups
> #export HISTTIMEFORMAT="%h %d %H:%M:%S> "

Nope, nowhere. I have only a few aliases set and that's it. Fedora
defaults always worked for me.

After reading the changelog for bash-4.3 and picking up the trail from
Adam Williamson's blog post and bug report up to the systemd-devel
list, it seems that indeed systemd is the culprit (or cgroups
notifications in the kernel, depending on who you might ask). Does
this warrant an interim solution (e.g. deploying the script with
prompt_command) until it is fixed? Should we let bash poc (Ondrej
Oprala) know about it?