SIMVoleon, SoQt rebuilt against Coin3 on f22 and rawhide

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Feb 27 14:32:50 UTC 2015

On 02/27/2015 02:56 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> I'm not sure if it will be a problem or not but FreeCAD 0.15 will
> require Coin3 and as far as I know will still require python-pivy which
> is currently built against Coin2.

OK, inbetween your lines, you are right, I missed pivy. This will also
have to be changed to use Coin3 on Fedora > 21 - I'll try to take care
of this.

Once pivy has been rebuilt for Coin3 on Fedora > 21, there should not be
any Coin related issues (modulo bugs), which are preventing FreeCAD-0.15
to be added to Fedora > 21.

However, FreeCAD-0.15 may impose problems on Fedora <= 21.
Therefore, I'd first raise a couple of problem:

- Do you plan to upgrade FreeCAD to 0.15 on Fedora <= 21?
- Do you or somebody else have a FreeCAD-0.15 rpm, which I could use to
investigate for details?
- As mentioned before, I want to understand the reasons why FreeCAD
seems to insist on Coin3.

Ralf