Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2015-01-07)

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 14:03:20 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 10:40 +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Dne 7.1.2015 v 21:14 Stephen Gallagher napsal(a):
> >
> >   * Tentative date for side-tag merge is 2015-01-28  (sgallagh,
> >     19:09:55)
> >

> What does it mean actually? Does it mean that if I plan to do rebuild of
> Ruby packages in side-tag, I am supposed to be finished before 28th,
> i.e. in less then 3 weeks? Considering that Ruby was not approved yet by
> FESCO and that Ruby change more or less blocks Ruby on Rails change, how
> are we supposed to handle everything?

Yes, it needs to be finished before the 28th. If that cannot be done,
then consider deferring this change to Fedora 23.

The reason for "tentative" was mostly so we could get feedback from
rel-eng on whether this is actually feasible.

> On the other hand, there are two week between branch and freeze, what
> are these good for? Is it just for maintainers to enjoy work with branches?

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. There needs to be a gap
between branching and Freeze so that things can settle out. (For
example, there are often a few packages that need post-branch updates
for a variety of reasons. Also, the branch process itself sometimes
needs some time to shake out the bugs.