F22 System Wide Change: Set sshd(8) PermitRootLogin=no

DJ Delorie dj at redhat.com
Fri Jan 9 05:52:57 UTC 2015

> > So if we truly want to address this feature, we should also disallow
> > non-root user password based ssh logins.
>
> Do I get this right? You want to disallow any remote logins (which
> nowadays means using ssh)?

No, he means that ssh connections should require a pre-shared key.  My
systems are set up that way, you can't just ssh in from anywhere, you
can only ssh in from machines that have your private key.  If you try
to log in without a pre-shared key, it won't prompt you for your unix
password, it will just fail.