DNF as default package manager

Jan Zelený jzeleny at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 12:40:02 UTC 2015

On 21. 1. 2015 at 11:07:31, Peter Robinson wrote:

> >> I really wonder what is the state here. This is on my rawhide:
> > We strongly believe all the major problems will be resolved in time. Also,
> > as of last week we have one person dedicated to helping people with
> > porting their application and the rest of the developers focus mainly on
> > major usability issues.
> >
> > But still, I would appreciate more cooperation from the Fedora community.
> > Most of the package maintainers don't seem to care about this transition.
> > They didn't respond to the bugs that are filed against their components,
> > not even to direct emails we sent them offering help with the transition.
>
> All features are due to be complete in a month [1] but earlier in the
> thread it was said that some of the functionality isn't even written
> yet.....
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/22/Schedule

What date are you referring to? Is it "Change Checkpoint: Completion deadline
(testable)"? If yes then I don't see any problems. DNF has been testable for
quite some time and I invite people to test it. If you have some specific
needs, come and talk to us, work with us on a solution but please be open
minded at least a little. DNF is not yum and will therefore not behave the
same in every situation.

Thanks for understanding
Jan