GNOME glitches in F21 - Should they be reported and against which components?

Florian Müllner fmuellner at gnome.org
Mon Jan 26 17:43:22 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 5:23 PM, Alexander Ploumistos
<alex.ploumistos at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Florian Müllner <fmuellner at gnome.org>
> wrote:
>>
> After a little bit of testing, I can confirm that it happens with every app.
> [...]
> Do I file this against mutter?

Yes please.

>> The desktop window is provided by nautilus.
>

> Should I file a bug, when I don't have a way to reproduce this behavior?

Can't hurt.

> So these icons will remain in the message tray or will they be moved to the
> top bar notification area?

That's not entirely clear yet, they will probably be moved to a
dedicated area  (possibly some kind of drawer). They will definitively
not be mixed with the system status area in the top bar.

> From GNOME's own icons, I gather that 48x48 is the default size. Seahorse
> was problematic since F19, mail notification and solaar icons were 48x48 in
> F20, easystroke's icon was visible in F20 (same package version as currently
> in F21), dropbox and spideroak were at 22x22 (I think). Do I bother the
> maintainers, or do I leave them be?

No, at least not for legacy status icons, as that's a gnome-shell
issue. Though from the listing above, at least seahorse should use
"proper" notifications? I am not aware of any reported issues with
those, so that's worth filing.