Hosting End-Of-Life Fedora Base images?

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 13:16:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>
wrote:

> Isn't it true the install media ISOs are available indefinitely? And
> if so the security cat is already out of the bag, so that's not a very
> good argument. I'd say if we wanted to do something better it would be
> an image that's usable for both VM and containers, and would be the
> state of that version at the time it went EOL, i.e. it has all
> available updates baked into it. And then de-emphasize the original
> ISO as the way to run older versions of Fedora.
>

> Chris Murphy
> --

​I tend to agree with the rest of the choir here in saying we shouldn't
make it easier for people to use EOL releases. It will likely add
unnecessary burdens onto us and our systems when people come to ask about
EOL Fedora releases in Docker. Not to mention, we should be encouraging
people to move up, not stay put.

Honestly, I think if people need a platform that lasts a long time, they
should be looking at CentOS with EPEL, SCLs, and/or other repos depending
on what they need.​