[ACTION REQUIRED] FTBFS Packages in rawhide (2015-07-22)

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Jul 23 19:23:56 UTC 2015

On Thursday, July 23, 2015 09:44:58 AM Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Dne 22.7.2015 v 21:43 opensource at till.name napsal(a):
> > rubygem-git-up                      jvcelak                   62 weeks ago
>
> This is actually interesting piece. This might or might not be FTBFS.
> This package was not touched by mass rebuild scripts, since it contains
> "noautobuild" file [1, 2], which (although not mentioned in F23 mass
> rebuild page [3]) is apparently honored. So this package should not be
> retired IMO and I am wondering how many other similar packages we have
> in Fedora.
>
> Till, would you mind to improve your script?
>
> Actually I am not sure what is the state of "noautobuild". It is not
> mentioned in F23 mass rebuild notes [3] at all, for F21 there is
> mentioned opt-out [4] but the actual section is missing. For F20 - F15
> was opt-out probably disabled [5].

opt out was disabled in the f21 mass rebuild. but was not disabled in any
other rebuild. if you have the noautobuild file in place the onus is on you to
build the package yourself.  Perhaps we should remove all ability to opt out.

in this case I think retiring the package is the right thing to do unless it
is rebuilt.

Dennis