and legacy software Re: pyorbit

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Wed Jul 29 16:04:01 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-29, 14:31 GMT, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> FWIW I found the port of Gtk3 pretty straightforward for
> my Entangle application and find it quite alot nicer to work
> with than Gtk2 in general, so has been a big plus overall.

OK, I stand corrected. I am sorry, if I sound too bitter, but
I am just in the process of rewriting some gedit plugins from
one version of API to another one (both inside of 3.* line) and
I feel like being forced to waste my time. Also, I really liked
jbrout and scribes, and both of these seem to be going to die
soon.

> ...plenty of significant apps/projects using Gtk3 there,
> not least of all evolution, totem, evince, gnumeric,
> ephinany, emacs

I take Gnumeric and Emacs, but all other ones are in-Gnome
projects, aren't they (at least having repository in
git.gnome.org)?

Best,

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

A man once asked Mozart how to write a symphony. Mozart told him
to study at the conservatory for six or eight years, then
apprentice with a composer for four or five more years, then
begin writing a few sonatas, pieces for string quartets, piano
concertos, etc. and in another four or five years he would be
ready to try a full symphony. The man said, "But Mozart, didn't
you write a symphony at age eight?" Mozart replied, "Yes, but
I didn't have to ask how."
   -- ripped from another sig