virt-manager - libappindicator-gtk3 - remmina

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 07:52:56 UTC 2015

On 4 June 2015 at 03:24, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> ndeed, you missed:
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-March/196343.html
>
> libappindicator is now (since Fedora 22) also REQUIRED for GTK+ system tray
> applets to work under KDE Plasma. (Plasma 5 no longer supports the legacy
> XEmbed-based system tray protocol that the builtin GTK+ classes implement.)
>
> Please DO NOT REMOVE libappindicator support from your packages. Instead,
> actually ADD it where upstream supports it and it is not yet enabled in
> Fedora.

Ok, sounds fair, thanks for clarification. In that thread on -devel (i've
read it yesterday) there's the note that it would be eventually introduced
"somewhere around Fedora 22". Is there anything official written somewhere?
Wiki, etc.

I'm reverting the change in remmina.git. Can I just delete the update in
Bodhi?

Thanks & regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/