DKMS is not installing the right kernel-devel package

Dan Book grinnz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 20:01:48 UTC 2015

This has also been a problem for several releases with the akmods from
rpmfusion. I think the more "correct" solution (read to the end) would be
to somehow prioritize the kernel-devel package (possibly multiple) that
matches the installed kernel(s). kernel-debug-devel is never the "correct"
choice when only standard kernels are installed, but it gets installed
because of alphabetical order; this ordering is one way to get something
useful installed instead. This of course is pie-in-the-sky and doesn't
match with how dependencies can currently be declared and resolved, AFAIK.
-Dan