DNF and regular expressions

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 04:04:35 UTC 2015

On 29 June 2015 at 20:32, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
<snip>

> given that the dnf autocompletion is also horrible slow comapared with YUM i
> see still no advantages from the change, try "yum cl<TAB>" versus "dnf
> cl<TAB>", in case of DNF it feels like a network request

I'd noticed that some time ago too, the easiest (laziest too) solution
I found was to stick this in my /etc/profile.d/custom.sh:
complete -F _yum dnf

I know the _yum completion function(s) probably needs a bit of
tweaking to match all the dnf cli options/syntax but it seems to work
well most of the time for now.

--
Ahmad Samir