Removing packages that have broken dependencies in F22 tree

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Tue May 5 20:02:24 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 9:29 PM, Ken Dreyer <ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Mamoru TASAKA <mtasaka at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> By the way, I am not a maintainer of rubygem-rugged, either, and
>> I don't use rubygem-rugged (currently). Anyway I want to know
>> how the current maintainer think of the current status.
>> If the current maintainer has no interest on this package,
>> maybe it is better to get this retired.
>
> This package is in the dep chain for Gitlab so I'd really like to see
> it stay in Fedora, personally.
>
> I've applied for co-maintainership in pkgdb and I've updated
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1166414 with a patch to get the package
> building again for F22 and Rawhide.

Here's the update that fixes the broken dependency with libgit2:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/rubygem-rugged-0.22.1-0.1.b1.fc22

Thanks Peter Robinson, Peter Smith, and Pete Walter for providing
karma in Bodhi. You guys rock.

Do I need to do something with https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1166414 to
nominate it for a F22 freeze exception, or it'll be fine as-is?

- Ken