STOP messing with nfs-utls... PLEASE!!!

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 14:52:56 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Steve Dickson <SteveD at redhat.com> wrote:
> I realized over the weekend the following
> commits were make to fix the build and
> they did not!! The build is just as
> broken as before!!!

Well maybe if you'd tested all your changes locally and pushed
everything at once and not broken rawhide for everyone else people
wouldn't feel the urge to fix things.

> Now I have to go back an figure out
> what has changed which takes even
> more time!!!

How about doing "git revert" of the associated commits then bumping
the NVR to something newer

> Its not like I'm not around or unreachable
> So please stop these fly by night comments
> and let me do my job!

Yet you didn't fix it yourself and left it broken over the weekend.
While you might be 9-5 Monday to Friday because it's your $dayjob a
lot of contributors are volunteers and expect to have things usable
over a weekend which is when they have time to contribute. If you
break things and don't fix it then and there having other people come
in and fix, even if it's an attempt, is fair game. Sorry.

PS while we're all complaining about nfs-utils could you please follow
the guidelines for pre release versions when packaging RCs [1]. Thanks

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Pre-Release_packages