STOP messing with nfs-utls... PLEASE!!!

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 15:08:25 UTC 2015

On 11/03/2015 09:52 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Steve Dickson <SteveD at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I realized over the weekend the following
>> commits were make to fix the build and
>> they did not!! The build is just as
>> broken as before!!!
>
> Well maybe if you'd tested all your changes locally and pushed
> everything at once and not broken rawhide for everyone else people
> wouldn't feel the urge to fix things.
>
>> Now I have to go back an figure out
>> what has changed which takes even
>> more time!!!
>
> How about doing "git revert" of the associated commits then bumping
> the NVR to something newer
I'll try...  thanks...

>> Its not like I'm not around or unreachable
>> So please stop these fly by night comments
>> and let me do my job!
>
> Yet you didn't fix it yourself and left it broken over the weekend.
> While you might be 9-5 Monday to Friday because it's your $dayjob a
> lot of contributors are volunteers and expect to have things usable
> over a weekend which is when they have time to contribute.
Please note the dates and time of my build and commits...
They show I am no way (and never have been) at 9 to 5 person.

> If you
> break things and don't fix it then and there having other people come
> in and fix, even if it's an attempt, is fair game. Sorry.
Please give me a 24hr window with a email... I don't
think anybody had a problem getting a hold of me
in the past.

The bottom line is if these commits fixed the problem
the then I could live them.. but they didn't! That
is the rub... esp when you see commits this

commit 7765dd87e174beaa44a16a89530d4b956d9abdba
Author: Kalev Lember <klember at redhat.com>
Date:   Sun Nov 1 16:48:00 2015 +0100

    Disable bootstrap

commit 6ea94b72ac9dfdb6c6d93f8bf975c23c578b9ba0
Author: Kalev Lember <klember at redhat.com>
Date:   Sun Nov 1 16:42:33 2015 +0100

    Enable bootstrap

Maybe some one can explain to me what
was being tried... that didn't work?

> PS while we're all complaining about nfs-utils could you please follow
> the guidelines for pre release versions when packaging RCs [1]. Thanks
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Pre-Release_packages

sure... let me look into it...

steved.