Retire a package from Fedora i686 (not x86_64)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Nov 6 21:00:56 UTC 2015

Germano Massullo wrote:
> For example, SSE3 instructions set is one of the minimum requirements and
> 99% of 32 bit only CPUs do not support it. Only Pentium 4 >= Prescott
> architecture supports it.

I think building it with SSE3 is better than excluding the architecture
entirely. And FYI, requiring SSE3 is not really allowed even for x86_64 (you
are allowed to assume only SSE2), so by that argument, there is no
architecture left.

Of course, a better solution would be to fix the package to work on all CPUs
you support. But if upstream doesn't care, it's going to be a problem. :-(
We have a similar issue with QtWebEngine, because Chromium/V8 upstream
requires SSE2 in their JIT and there is no interpreter fallback. (They are
now working on an "interpreter" mode, but it is not a real interpreter
fallback either, some stuff still uses the JIT.)

        Kevin Kofler