Retire a package from Fedora i686 (not x86_64)

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sat Nov 7 04:41:40 UTC 2015

On 11/07/2015 05:03 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> Exactly - That's the actual problem. Upstream does not care and Fedora
>>> seems unable to address this issue.
>>>
>>> Ralf
>>>
>> According to my system, it has SSSE3. Is it SSE3?
That's what my question actually was about.

I see ssse3 on all my x86_64ers, I see sse3 on my 32bit atoms, but I
don't know if ssse3 implies sse3 and I don't know what -msse3 actually
does to the instruction set when being used on x86_64ers and which
impact it has (-msse3 is not part of Fedora's gcc implicit CFLAGS).

> any system not older than 10 years has SSE3  and frankly systems older
> than 10 years are hardly a traget for Fedora at all

So, Fedora or Linux as a resort to escape Windows on old HW is not a
Fedora target anymore?

Ralf