DNF is completly unable to act with local packages

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Nov 7 14:48:20 UTC 2015

Am 07.11.2015 um 15:41 schrieb Michael Schwendt:
> On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 13:20:03 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> Error: nothing provides rpm-libs(x86-64) = 4.13.0-0.rc1.5.fc23 needed
>
> 0.rc1.5.fc23 ???
> *sigh*  My motivation to do package reviews is hurt a lot by bad examples
> like that. It's as if some people put a lot of effort into trying to ignore
> the packaging guidelines:
>
>    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Pre-Release_packages
>
>   => 0.5.fc1.fc23  is what it's supposed to be
>
> Why apply the pre-release versioning scheme, if another scheme works, too?
> This time even in the RPM package itself. Explain that to new packagers!
> All you can do is tell them that there are packaging guidelines and
> pitfalls, and that some people hate the guidelines.

Fedora 23 was *released* with rpm-4.13.0-0.rc1.3.fc23.x86_64.rpm
http://mirror.onet.pl/pub/mirrors/fedora/linux/releases/23/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/r/rpm-4.13.0-0.rc1.3.fc23.x86_64.rpm

your complaints have *nothing* to do with teh fact that DNF is
constantly unable to deal with local packages, not only that ones, most
of the time