Freerdp update with bundle in guacamole-server

Pavel Alexeev forum at hubbitus.com.ru
Sun Nov 8 19:31:44 UTC 2015

Hello.

More than half year in the past freerdp was updated and then reverted
version to current present [1], mostly to allow built guacamole-server [2].

As I see it still stick with that version.
Meantime freerdp move forward. Remmina, which require fresh versions of
freerdp also can't be updated.

Recently our bundling policy changed [3].

 From freerdp depends:
$ dnf repoquery --source --alldeps --whatrequires freerdp-libs
freerdp-1.2.0-0.9.git.24a752a.fc23.src.rpm
guacamole-server-0.9.7-1.fc23.src.rpm
medusa-2.2-0.rc1.2.fc23.1.src.rpm
remmina-1.2.0-0.8.git.b3237e8.fc23.src.rpm
vinagre-3.18.1-1.fc23.src.rpm
vlc-2.2.2-0.1.fc23.src.rpm (rpmfusion.org)
weston-1.9.0-1.fc23.src.rpm

$ dnf repoquery --source --alldeps --whatrequires freerdp
krdc-15.04.2-2.fc23.src.rpm

Today I have try build freerdp [4] from master and all dependencies
against it.

And again, *only* guacamole-server fails to build with:
In file included from rdp_stream.h:29:0,
                  from rdp_fs.c:27:
rdp_svc.h:28:38: fatal error: freerdp/utils/svc_plugin.h: No such file
or directory
compilation terminated.

It relied on old svc_plugin which has been rid in 2013 year [5].

Main question. Is it a good reason to bundle copy of current version
freerdp into guacamole-server (at least until someone do not willing
port it) and update it for rest of Fedora?

I have not tried to do such bundle yet, but if no one argue I could try
do that with update freerdp and rebuild all other deps too.

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-March/209140.html
[2] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-March/209181.html
[3] https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/575
[4] https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP
[5] https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/pull/1574

--
With best wishes, Pavel Alexeev.
Yes, I'm a fool - I believe in people, honesty, goodness and justice.