packaging golang guidelines (like etcd, consul)

Muayyad AlSadi alsadi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 11:15:19 UTC 2015

> At this time, Go libraries packaged in Fedora are primarily for the
purpose of being BuildRequires for building Fedora binary RPMs,

since golang is like statically linked and does not prefer .so for
libraries (so far). I suggest never package BuildRequires RPMs for golang
(I think of it like .a libraries)

and for the offline building of golang binaries like etcd we might collect
dependencies in a way similar to python wheel and include them in the
.src.rpm

%build
tar -xzf %SOURCE2 -C golang-path/