bodhi: no email notifications for packages in pending state

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Oct 3 16:55:12 UTC 2015

On Sat, 3 Oct 2015 16:46:02 +0300
Alexander Ploumistos <alex.ploumistos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For the last couple of days I have been submitting updates (with
> fedpkg) for some of my packages in all the branches. Currently they
> all appear as pending in bodhi and I have not received any messages
> about them, even for the ones that got positive karma.

Almost all notifications from bodhi (with the exception currently of
adding comments on updates) is sent via FMN (the Fedora notification
service): https://apps.fedoraproject.org/notifications/

It sounds like you have your notifications set to not send you anything
for bodhi messages. You may want to go and reset things to default
there or adjust it to send you the notices you want.

By default it should notify you on the initial submission, when they
are pushed to testing, when they get comments, and then they are pushed
to stable.

> The wiki reads
> for the pending state: "The signing process is currently done by a
> human, so you will be notified by email when your update has been
> signed and pushed, and a package update notification will also be
> sent to fedora-package-announce or fedora-test-list depending on its
> status."
>
> So will I receive a flurry of emails as soon as the updates have been
> signed and sent to testing, or have I done something wrong?

It all depnds on your notifications settings. If you have disabled all
bodhi messages there you still won't get anything...

> My FAS account name is alexpl.

kevin