Packaging of PlayOnLinux

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 05:55:35 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Bastien Nocera <bnocera at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

Wel the reason is not "because they are emulators" but "If it requires
ROMs (or image files in any format) of copyrighted or patented
material to be useful (and the owners of those copyrights and patents
have not given their express written permission), then it's not
permitted. " ... so "emulators aren't allowed is not what the
guidelines say" (the wording is a bit odd though).

As for PlayOnLinux its nothing more than a WINE frontend. So there
shouldn't be anything wrong with packing it. You can use it it run
free / freeware windows apps or windows apps (games) that you actually
bought and therefore you do not violate anyone's copyright by using
them.