To someone with power to push packages on Fedora 21

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Oct 17 17:40:34 UTC 2015

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 18:48:48 +0100
Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:

> yes , it is just autokarma thats messed up and push packages is one
> way to fix the problem ..., which is easier .

Well, we don't know for sure that those updates lost autokarma
(Although it seems likely). It might be the maintainers pushed them
with autokarma disabled.

> > Or if you prefer I can mail them...
>
> Yeah I prefer .

Done.

> > I'd suggest all maintainers should periodically check:
> > https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/?user=<yourusername>&status=testing
> > For their updates that are in testing.
>
> This kind of minor problems can happen because some people not care
> about their updates, my `dnf list extras` , sometimes have packages
> from updates-testing , that enter before GA (IIRC) and which never go
> to stable , so upgraded system (from beta) will have different
> packages of stable ISO , which is not good for testing, conclusion,
> IMHO, we should clean updates-testing from time to time, to sync
> testing users with stable users .

For this you can use distro-sync. In fact for the time right after a
release if you installed before the release was out, you should do so.

> Although after the GA can make sense to have packages in testing
> without going to the stable. Anyway not a big deal , is just my `dnf
> list extras`

Sure, good to find out whats going on with them and get them pushed or
unpushed.

Thanks for looking into it.

kevin