To someone with power to push packages on Fedora 21

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Mon Oct 19 14:18:11 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 02:45:14AM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Well, we don't know for sure that those updates lost autokarma
> > (Although it seems likely). It might be the maintainers pushed them
> > with autokarma disabled.
>
> And they should have, in any case, because autokarma is just broken by
> design. Who is more qualified to decide when an update should go stable?
> a) the maintainer of the package or
> b) some random people with no credentials beyond a FAS account
> Think about it!

Seriously? When I push out an update to testing, I already have done the
tests on it in my system, and it *think* it is correct. What would be
the point of pushing out something that is known to be broken?

The time in testing is for others to others to do the same. The result
is that the push to stable is based on acks from the maintainer's + n independent people.
You seem to be saying that the maintainer's checks alone are better.

Zbyszek