FC1 in archive missing a bunch of RPMs?

Gary Gatling gsgatlin at ncsu.edu
Fri Oct 23 22:07:33 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Adam Williamson <adamwill at fedoraproject.org
> wrote:

> I happened to notice last night that:
>

> https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/core/1/x86_64/os/Fedora/RPMS/
>
> seems very incomplete - it's like it's truncated, it has everything
> alphabetically up to 'beecrypt' and nothing after. Compare to the i386
> dir, which looks full:

I had problems with various things doing 64 bit installs from FC1-FC4 when
I tried it a couple of years ago. But fedora 5 onward seemed to work ok for
me. I have all the fedora releases in KVM vms in case I need to go back and
look at stuff. I was able to do 32 bit installs of FC1-4. Its just the 64
bit parts that didn't seem to work for various reasons IIRC. From fedora 5
to present I was able to make 32 and 64 bit vms. But then again maybe I
just wasn't trying hard enough with those very early releases.