Software translation steps

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Fri Dec 5 00:48:56 UTC 2003

Hi all,

Please let me remind the steps for software translation.

Go to;
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2003-November/msg00040.html

Before you can start;
- Checkout translate/ directory to update.
- You can check the status at:
http://carolina.mff.cuni.cz/~trmac/fedora-i18n.html
- Declair the po file_name which you are going to start at this ML, so
that other translators would not touch.
   "eg, I will start the file, translate/anaconda/anaconda-po/ja.po. Pls
let me know if someone already is working on."
- Commit the file. $cvs commit -m '<your message>' file_name.po
- Advise your completion at this ML.

Note;
You have to checkout just before starting translation, the files have
been kept updating.
Please commit the file frequently even if you still are working on it,
especially for larger file.
(eg, cvs commit -m 'translating...' file_name.po)
Because engineer may touch the file and commit while you are working,
and then you will have conflict.
You can commit as much as you like.
For this reason, it is recommended that you will declair only one file
for translation at a time.

Cheers,

Noriko